An intensive program that speaks to your lifestyle
Delivered across six study periods, you can start a time that is convenient for you. By focusing on one course at a time, our flexible delivery model will give you the chance to finish faster than traditional learning structures while not putting your career on hold to return to university.
The online Master of Marketing comprises practical, real-world strategies and tools. You’ll discover that even as you study, you will be able to apply your learning to your current role. Study while you work and advance your career sooner.
As well as our intensive, online study model this program is also available on-campus.
Study while you work and graduate in two years
Our online intensive learning model offers a fast way to get your Masters degree while still working full-time.
Professional recognition and accreditation
The RMIT online Master of Marketing is accredited by the Australian Marketing Institute (AMI). Students and graduates are eligible to apply for membership of the Australian Marketing Institute and the Australian Market and Social Research Society.
No on-campus obligations
While you will have online assessments, the Master of Marketing delivers a convenient online program without the requirement for on-campus attendance and commitments. All lecture material and content is delivered direct to you, wherever you are.
Personalised support blended with cutting-edge technology
We want you to spend your ‘study time’, studying – not chasing down resources, tools or information. Our study concierge service is there to help you find what you need, when you need it, and to guide and motivate you from the day you accept your offer until the day you graduate.
Integrating purpose-built technology with our online learning platform, RMIT’s online experience is designed to improve the way you learn. Discover engaging content and collaborate with your peers wherever you find an internet connection.
English language requirements
A critical part of delivering high-level coursework online is providing students with a consistent approach to assessment. Students are assessed on how well each of their course learning outcomes are met, in alignment with the overall program learning outcomes.
Course assessments will occur across a seven-week teaching period and are designed to progressively build in weight over time, with each linking back and building on the last.
Examples of common assessments may include group and individual tasks, such as:
- Case studies;
- Research reports;
- Contribution to online discussion; and
- Collaboration on set tasks or projects.
As many of our students are working full-time and have professional commitments during the week, course assessments are usually due on Sunday, allowing optimum time over the weekend to finesse for submission.
Rich feedback will be provided to students throughout the teaching period via online forums on practical exercises and by individual consultation.
International students are required to provide current evidence of English language proficiency for admission to RMIT University.
You can provide your results from one of these three options:
- an accepted English language proficiency test
- an accepted English language provider, or
- a recognised Australian or international qualification.
English language proficiency tests minimum scores:
- IELTS (Academic): minimum overall band of 6.5 (with no individual band below 6.0)
- TOEFL (Paper Based Test): minimum score of 580 (TWE 4.5)
- TOEFL (Internet Based Test - IBT): minimum overall score of 92 (with minimum of 20 in all sections)
- Pearson Test of English (Academic) (PTE (A)): minimum score of 58 (with no communication band less than 50)
- Cambridge English: Advanced (CAE): minimum of 176 with no less than 169 in any component.
For detailed information on English language requirements and other proficiency tests recognised by RMIT, visit English language requirements and equivalency information
Advisory boards consist of high-profile industry representatives who ensure links with industry standards and practice remain current.
Industry experts deliver interactive online content and webinars to expose you to current industry developments in marketing.
Employment for advertising and marketing professionals is expected to grow by 15.5%, or more than 8500 new jobs, over the next five years according to the Australian Government. Equipping yourself with a Master of Marketing could help propel you to the front of the pack in this growing industry.
This program will deliver specialist knowledge to prepare you for a career in marketing. For students already employed in the industry, you can further hone your marketing knowledge and develop strategic business skills to:
- obtain promotion to a more senior position
- be more effective in a marketing role
- contribute more to specific marketing activities
Career destinations include:
- marketing management
- brand management and consulting
- stakeholder engagement and reputation management
- strategic marketing and consulting
- product management
- integrated marketing communication management
- market research, market modelling, forecasting and analysis
- pricing and promotions research
- product testing and product innovation